A Major Repairs Program
In response to the significant need for Hurricane Harvey-related home repairs, Golden Crescent Habitat established a major repairs program called Habitat ReBuilds to supplement the existing Brush Up minor repairs program.
The program will use volunteers when possible, and professional subcontractors when required by the city. Initial focus will be exterior repairs that stabilize the home (roofs, window replacement, porch, ramp and rail repair) and move to interior work as funds allow.
- Demonstrate a need for assistance
- Own a house in the five-county Golden Crescent Habitat service area - DeWitt, Goliad, Jackson, Lavaca, Victoria (proof of ownership and residency required)
- Makes 80% or less of the Victoria County HUD
- Willingness to partner with Golden Crescent Habitat
- Complete five hours of sweat equity, such as pick up trash
Apply for the Program
Brush Up Application
To make an appointment to submit your application, contact Cheryl Johnston, Family Services Coordinator, at 361-573-2511 or email@example.com