As an ecumenical Christian Ministry, Habitat for Humanity is founded on principles that transcend theological
and religious differences. Simply put, Habitat provides people of all faiths an opportunity to live in a simple, affordable home.
Your Congregation can partner with the Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity through:
- Remembering Habitat's challenging mission, our families, volunteers and staff in your prayers
- Inviting a Habitat representative to speak to your congregation
- Supporting Habitat's ongoing mission by:
- Organizing volunteers to work on Habitat homes
- Providing shelter for out of town Habitat Volunteers
- Donating to Habitat to help finance new homes for families
Faith based Partnership: Apostle’s Build
Recognizing that sponsorship of an entire Habitat home may be beyond the means of many small congregations, Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity has worked in the past with faith communities to partner together and build what is called an “Apostles Build," - homes that partner up to 12 churches from the community. Financial and volunteer support are both included in an Apostle’s Build partnership. Four such homes have been completed in Victoria, and we would be delighted to work with your congregation to seek out other partners and plan a Unity House with you in any of the communities we serve. To arrange for a presentation or for more information, please contact Hannah Crone, volunteer and church relations coordinator, at 361-573-2511 or firstname.lastname@example.org.