Comes from a place of safety and security that only a home can bring
Development Team Member/Individual Giving Officer
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Individual Giving Officer is an agency Innovator. Broadly speaking he/she has responsibility for prospecting, cultivating, and securing monetary donations from individuals in support of Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity programs.
Innovators are independent and impactful decision makers. They constantly look for ways to improve their major program, challenge the system with new ideas and never settle for following a well-worn path!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
He or she must:
- At least three years fundraising Ability to independently draft experience in Victoria County and surrounding counties strongly correspondence preferred.
- Ability to effectively present exceptional writing and communication information and respond to questions skills and experience including public from leaders, clients, customers, and speaking the general public
- Strong computer skills to include proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and training in The Raiser’s Edge.
Position is full-time (40 hours a week) and works Monday through Friday. Office hours are flexible. Evening and weekend work is required. Conditions and benefits are contained in the board approved
GCHFH expects you to succeed in your actions and outcomes according to…
1. Core Values
2. Operations Manual
3. Employee Handbook
4. Job Description
5. Strategic Plan 6. Job Goals
1. Provide calm, confident, and positive leadership to the entire organization.
2. Disseminate information readily to stake holders as appropriate.
3. Submit accurate reports according to deadlines.
4. When confronted with things with which you question, disagree, or have a concern, speak directly with those involved.
5. Ensure that your area, office, and/or building is clean, organized, safe, and in compliance with all codes.
6. Comply with grant requirements accordingly.
7. Cross train with fellow staff to ensure a steady flow of business despite absences.
8. Routine, independent, subjective, and significant decision-making is required.
9. Program budget creation and adherence.
10. Create and maintain relationships with Habitat for Humanity International and other Habitat affiliates.
11. Independently represents the agency outside of the office/warehouse/store.
12. Authority to deviate from Operations Manual without prior approval for special circumstances.
1. Manage a portfolio of 150-200 individuals.
2. Identify, cultivate, and solicit contributions totaling a minimum of at least $200,000 to $300,000 in cash contributions annually from individuals within our service area.
3. Identify, engage, and acquire new individual donors who have the capacity and interest to grow their involvement with GCHFH.
4. Plan, update and execute strategies for each individual to maintain and/or increase annual financial commitment
5. Invite groups, individuals, and those in your personal and professional circles to the Habitat events.
6. Appropriately show appreciation to donors through notes, calls, emails, build site visits, and official thank you stewardships.
7. Research and actively solicit new donors, including creative ideas for partnership.
8. Be visible and present at the build site as appropriate in support of the volunteer coordinator.
9. Speak at community, corporate, faith or other gatherings with the intent to inform and promote funding for GCHFH.
10. Provide development and support for special events, special donor recruitment, and direct mail projects.
11. Ensure that the development building budget is met by soliciting donors in support of GCHFH programs.
12. Utilize donor database (The Raiser’s Edge) and maintain all donor and prospects records and activities.
1. Professional appearance and demeanor.
2. Pleasant speaking voice and articulation.
3. Availability to work on Saturdays, Sundays, and evenings as necessary.
4. Ability to type 40 words per minute.
5. Valid Texas driver’s license and able to operate a vehicle
6. Other duties as assigned.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, we offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and a positive, fun working environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by email ONLY to Brian McClane @ Brian@goldencrescenthabitat.org
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Volunteer Coordinator/Social Media/Marketing
This position is three-fold: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the volunteer program. The Social Media Coordinator is responsible to create and publish social media content to promote the cause of GCHFH. Regarding Marketing, you will be responsible to aid the Director of Finance in developing newsletters, graphics, emails, mailers, etc. to aid in fund raising. Combined these should constitute a 40-hour work week
Volunteer Responsibilities and Duties
- Respond to all individual volunteer inquiries
- Develop and implement a strategy for actively soliciting, engaging, and maintaining new volunteers
- Act as liaison to other organizations who are sending volunteers
- Schedule volunteers to meet the volunteer needs of construction staff
- Meet with construction staff regularly to schedule volunteers
- Interview and place volunteers for specific needs such as committees, office, ReStore and special events
- Coordinate the scheduling of groups and skilled volunteers
- Maintain volunteer database and keep records of volunteer activities, including numbers of teams, volunteers, number of hours worked contact information, etc.
- Develop and implement formal and informal volunteer appreciation program
- Prepare job descriptions for volunteer positions
- Monitor volunteer satisfaction
- Oversee food, staging and related logistics for builds and repairs (when needed)
- Arrange for lunch at volunteer sites
- Ensure that volunteer liability waivers are signed and filed
- Manage community service volunteers from local jurisdictions
- Coordinate activities for youth volunteers (Boy/Girl Scouts, schools, churches, etc.)
- Recruit, train, and schedule site hosts, crew leaders & A Brush With Kindness leaders (ABWK)
- Plan and coordinate home dedication ceremonies
- Organize Women Build Event
- Manage AmeriCorps program for our affiliate. Act as Host site Manager.
- Contribute to Newsletter for volunteer related articles
- Coordinate volunteers for booths, fairs, ReStore and A Brush With Kindness
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Executive Director
Social Media Coordinator & Marketing
A Social Media Specialist is responsible for creating and publishing content on all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram, to grow an audience, build brand awareness, and ultimately, boost the brand of GCHFH. Oversee site metrics, interact with readers, and be responsible for creative design.
- Work under the direction of the Development Director and the ReStore Manager
- Promote GCHFH through social media and advertising
- Know and use the current HFHI guidelines for all advertising
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Create, monitor and update quality GCHFH content on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and any other social media accounts
- Work to expand audience interaction on social media
- Post within 24 hours on FB every time we have volunteers or events and include pictures
- When requested boost posts
- Posts should be a minimum of twice per week for Affiliate and for ReStore
- Work with Construction & Repairs supervisors to develop helpful videos for homeowners (highlight simple repairs, maintenance reminders, etc.) on a quarterly basis
- Respond to or forward to the proper person for a response to any social media comments
- Work to build the base of subscribers and likes through invites, tagged photos and interaction
- Coordinate with other members of GCHFH to create content (publicizing events, highlighting accomplishments, etc.)
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Provide updates and needed information to the Development Director for website
- Develop advertising materials using Canva and save for future use
- Work with any outside advertising agencies or companies to further the cause of GCHFH
- Continually use photography and videography to capture volunteers and donors for use on social media, print, and website platforms
- Create content when requested for print, website, video, photos or emails
- Work with Director of Development to create mailers, newsletters and email content to aid in raising funds
Job Type: Full Time / Hourly
- Travel will be required
- Weekends and evening work is expected
- Flexible schedule
- Some early mornings or late evenings
- Self- motivated able to work independently
- Enthusiasm, teamwork focused, and strong customer service orientation
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Effective leadership and team building skills
- Possess tact, diplomacy, and flexibility
- Good Supervisory Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with people: face-to-face, online, email, and phone.
- Ability to multi-task
- Skilled in MS Office Suite, and Google Docs
- Ability to learn new technology
- Fully endorse the mission, vision, and purpose of GCHFH
- Valid driver license
- Reliable transportation
Physical requirement to do this job:
- Outside meetings and presentations are frequently required.
- Some evening and week-end meetings required.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. without difficulty
- Must be able to walk on uneven terrain
- Conditions can be loud during construction/repairs
Work Environment and Conditions:
- Much of work is performed at a desk
- Must work at a computer for periods at a time
- Job-sites, professional offices, schools, events
Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
To apply for jobs please email resume to email@example.com