make a big impact with a small monthly gift
why donate to habitat?
affordable housing makes a difference.
Improve a child’s ability to thrive.
Housing can powerfully affect a child’s ability to thrive. Studies show that kids who live in safe, affordable homes are healthier, happier and do better in school.
Help more children achieve higher education.
Lower housing costs mean people can invest more in education. In 2015, researchers found that almost two-thirds of Habitat homeowners with children felt more confident about their ability to fund college for their kids.
Have a significant impact on a family’s health.
A safe place to live can have a significant impact on a family’s health. According to the World Health Organization, families without decent housing face greater personal and environmental risks are less nourished and have less access to health care.
Improve a family’s long-term financial stability.
Habitat’s work has long-term effects on a family’s economic opportunities. Habitat homeowners report that they are better able to pay bills on time, build savings, and invest in education and small businesses.
why donate now?
your help is needed more now that ever.
- Soaring housing costs led to a substantial rise in housing cost burdens for the first time in 10 years. In 2020, 30% of households had “unaffordable” rent or mortgage payments, defined as exceeding 30% of monthly household income. This is up 1.5 percentage points from 2019.
- Record housing shortages are a fundamental driver of our affordability challenges. Years of underbidding have led to an all-time storage of for-sale homes as well as too few affordable rentals. The U.S. now has a deficit of 3.8 million homes, with the greatest supply shortages at low-income price points.
- Rising interest rates will challenge future efforts to close the gap and will pose major affordability hurdles for low-income homebuyers more broadly. To help illustrate this, the 2 percentage point increase in mortgage interest rates between December 2021 and April 2022 had the same effect on mortgage costs as increasing how prices by 27% or increasing the monthly mortgage payment needed to buy a median-priced home by more than US$600.
why donate monthly?
Tailored to you
With small payments spread out month to month, becoming a HopeBuilder can fit any budget. Even small amounts can make a big impact.
Your donation occurs automatically each month. You can change the amount or cancel any time.
Impact all year long
HopeBuilders make a difference every day with reliable, ongoing donations.
frequently asked questions
How can I double or triple my monthly contribution with a matching gift?
Your gift may be eligible for a company match through your or your spouse’s current employer or retirement company. Search for specific company eligibility.
How do I change or cancel my monthly gift?
Please call us at 361-573-2511 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and press “5” to reach the Advancement Director.
When will my credit card be charged?
Your credit card will be charged once you submit your first monthly gift and will be charged around this same day for the months to follow.
Will I receive an annual tax receipt?
You will receive an annual statement provided for tax purposes.
Can I set up my monthly donation by mail?
Yes! Here’s how it works:
1. Download and print our mail-in donation form: PDF
2. Complete the form.
3. Mail your completed form to:
Golden Crescent Habitat for Humanity
P.O. Box 1357
Victoria, TX 77902
Can I set up my monthly donation using electronic fund transfers with my bank?
other ways to donate
We are here to help answer your
questions about your financial